Lots of high-class teams in Gothia Puma Trophy this summer
Many exciting and entertaining teams will compete for the trophies in this summer's Gothia Puma Trophy.
For example will both last year's winners return in hope of trying to defend the title.
– I think this year's lineup in Gothia Puma Trophy is the strongest so far, says the tournament director Niclas Andersson Freiholtz.
Gothia Puma Trophy is an invitational tournament for boys and girls in the age group 17 years. Specially invited international teams compete against our best Swedish academies. The matches are played at Valhalla IP and Heden, where the most popular matches often are seen by a full SKF Arena. Worth noting is that 1. FC Slovacko and CY Bohemians Praha will be the first Czech teams ever to participate in Gothia Puma Trophy.
– We've only heard superlatives about the tournament, we're really looking forward to it. We're very happy that we can participate in Gothia Cup. For our players, it's another experience and an opportunity to meet foreign teams, says Miroslav Zboril, coach for 1. FC Slovacko.
On both the boys' and girls' side, Gothia Cup has invited many talented and interesting teams that the audience will appreciate seeing live.
– I think this year's lineup in Gothia Puma Trophy is the strongest so far. Among the most interesting teams, we find last year's winners Right to Dream Academy and NorCal Premier PDP. But I think that these teams will be seriously challenged this year, partly by our talented Swedish academies and partly by other strong teams among the international teams, says the tournament director Niclas Andersson Freiholtz.
He's extra excited to see some of the teams that Gothia Cup has invited.
– On the girls' side, we have Chivas Guadalajara from Mexico and JEF United Chiba from Japan. JEF United Chiba made it to the semifinals the last time they were here back in 2019. On the boys' side, the crowd favorite TikiTaka International FC from Nigeria is back. The last time they participated, in 2019, they took the final against Right to Dream Academy to penalties, says Niclas Andersson Freiholtz.
The following teams take part in this year's Gothia Puma Trophy:
Team Odense Q, Denmark.
Bayer 04 Leverkusen, Germany.
JEF United Chiba, Japan.
NorCal Premier PDP, USA.
1. FC Slovacko, Czech Republic.
Minnesota Thunder Academy, USA.
Chivas Guadalajara, Mexico.
Academia Radu Rebeja, Moldavia.
CY Bohemians Praha, Czech Republic.
Fredrikstad FK, Norway.
Montrouge FC 92, France.
Riga FC, Latvia.
Cerezo Osaka, Japan.
Right to Dream Academy, Ghana.
TikiTaka International FC, Nigeria.
Beyond Limits, Nigeria.
Accra Lions FC, Ghana.
MOFA Academy, Kenya.