Alliance FC teaches young people about life through football
"Football is more than just a game, football is life and we always talk about that."
Alliance FC is a team well known on social media, despite the fact the team does not focus on competitive results.
– We are here to have a week of experience, to have fun, to play some good football and to make a lot of friends, which is the most important thing, says Mehran Rowshan, coach for the B16 team.
When we meet up with Mehran Rowshan at the airport he is immediately surrounded by young people who want to take pictures with him. He poses for a lot of pictures before turning his attention to us. He is very humble about his teams ambitions and their goals, despite being a well-known coach.
– Football is more than just a game, football is life and we always talk about that. Football is when you learn to deal with other people. Of course, football is a game but there is another aspect to it and that is human relationships, he says.
Rowshans football philosophy is built on the idea that football enrichens the lives of young people – while at the same time it also enrichens the football they play.
– It’s the circle of life. If you look at it, football is like life. You win or you lose and you have to deal with it on a daily basis.
He encourages his players to get to know players from other teams so that they can learn and develop as human beings and get the most out of their stay in Gothenburg.
– At this age you play matches and get experience but you also build friendships for the future. That is the most important thing.
So what does he want his team to bring home with them when they leave next week?
– These guys are like family to me, this is the fourth team I bring to Gothia Cup but they have the same spirit. They are one, they are together, they help each other and hopefully after a week we can say more about them.