ProGen FC arrives in Gothenburg with high hopes
The Ghanian team aims to reach the final
ProGen FC from Ghana is back at Gothia Cup this year! Their player Reginald Osei Kwaku is a veteran of the tournament.
- This will be the sixth time playing for me, he says.
The final preparations before Gothia Cup begin now, and the tournament will kick off tomorrow. On Thursday the Ghanaian team ProGen FC B17 arrived in Gothenburg in front of Gothia Cup. Even though Ghana is far away from Sweden, it almost feels like home for the Ghanaians.
- This is the sixth time we will participate in Gothia Cup, says 17-year-old Reginald Osei Kwaku, player of ProGen FC.
Do you have any favorite memories from Gothia Cup?
- My best memory from Gothia Cup is when we won the whole tournament. I think it was in 2016.
Gothia Cup is something that the boys from ProGen FC have prepared for for a long time.
- We have trained all season in front of Gothia Cup. From last year to this year, he says.
How have you prepared?
- We have played loads of games at home in Ghana, and focused on the tactical part, for an example formations and stuff.
For Reginald, football is something very important, and something he wants to keep playing in the future.
- It (football) means everything to me. I have played football since I was six years old and I want to become a professional football player in the future, he says.
What do you look forward to the most with Gothia Cup?
- I look forward to the final, so hopefully we can play in it, says Reginald with confidence.
Reginald and ProGen FC B17 will play their first match in the tournament against FC Black Stars Basel from Schweiz at Guldheden Södra, at 16:30 tomorrow.