The Gothia Cup train has arrived with 800 participants
44 teams with around 800 players and leaders arrived in Gothenburg on Sunday. The central station was filled with happy and excited football-loving youngsters this afternoon.
In line with Gothia Cup's and SJ's work to combat climate change, the official Gothia Cup train is organized. On Sunday, the train went from Stockholm to Gothenburg.
Spånga IS G14 team was very excited when they just arrived in Gothenburg by train.
– The feeling was great. It was a lot of fun on the train. There are many teams here. We listened to music and played cards, says the player Milan Rashed.
She loves the feeling of playing Gothia Cup.
– That's really good. There are a lot of good teams here. The best thing about the tournament is that there are many teams and playing matches. I don't think we have such a good chance, as there are many good teams. We look forward to playing matches and take baths, says Milan Rashed.
Leia Halvarsson plays with Karlbergs BK's G15 team. She walked around with a big smile upon arrival.
– It feels great and very fun. The train journey was very good. We mostly sat and talked. There were a lot of people on the train and a good atmosphere. It will be fun to play all the matches and hang out with all my friends, says Leia Halvarsson.
She longs to explore Gothenburg.
– It's very lovely here. Liseberg is fun and it's nice here.
But of course the focus is on football.
– Our goal is to go as far as possible and also have fun. I hope we have good chances to do well, says Leia Halvarsson.
On Saturday, the Gothia Cup train returns to Stockholm. But first, the participants will experience a fantastic Gothia Cup week!