FC Deren from Mongolia is successful: “We’re happy to reach the A playoffs”
The Mongolian B14 team FC Deren is through to the A playoffs.
FC Deren has played well during the group stage. They will now play in the A playoffs, thanks to a solid victory over the Swedish team Norrby IF today.
– We’re happy to reach the A playoffs, says Saruultugs Batbayar, one of the goal scorers in the game.
No goals were scored in the first half in the game between FC Deren and Norrby IF at Kviberg. FC Deren scored a very important goal ten minutes before full time. And the game was scored by one of the most talented players on the pitch.
– It felt great to score that goal, says Saruultugs Batbayar with a huge smile.
His teammate Batbayar Baatarchuluun then scored to make it 2-0 in the last minute of the game. The victory took FC Deren to the A playoffs.
– We appreciate that. This was our second win, as we beat the French team JSC Pitray-Olier Paris 2 White yesterday. We’re just so happy right now. I absolutely think that we can go far in this tournament, says FC Deren’s number 10.
The Mongolian players have a lot of fun together.
– I like the tournament. We travel a lot but this is the first time we meet a lot of teams from different countries. It’s a great experience for us. I like the people in the Gothia Cup. We learn things from other people all the time, says Saruultugs Batbayar.
FC Deren was founded in 2008, so they’re quite new as a football club.
– There’s just a few cups in Mongolia and some teams. Football isn’t very big in our country, says the goal scorer.
The 14-year-old has one idol in particular.
– I like Lionel Messi. I like his dribbling and how he thinks on the pitch, he says.
One day, he wants to play in the big arenas.
– I want to become a professional player and play in a top league in Europe, says Saruultugs Batbayar.
But first he wants to win more games in the Gothia Cup 2022!