Special Olympics Belgium loves Gothia Special Olympics Trophy
The finals in Gothia Special Olympics Trophy was played today at Heden. Afterwards, lucky players got to receive medals and trophies at the prize ceremony.
Special Olympics Belgium won their final with five goals to nothing. They love the experience in Gothia Cup and Gothenburg.
– We make new friends. We have fun with each other and with other teams, says the champion Stijn Roelandts.
Gothia Special Olympics Trophy is the category where all players are welcome to participate according to their conditions. The 18 teams were played in four different groups. The finals were played at Heden on Thursday. Special Olympics Belgium defeated Hannover 1896 from Germany in their final.
– It feels very good to get the trophy, says the player Stijn Roelandts.
He’s very happy to be able to play in the tournament.
– We’re very excited to be here. We have so much fun together, says Stijn Roelandts.
His teammate Björn van der Burght agrees.
– Gothia Cup is a very good and exciting tournament. It’s a lot of joy for all the players and for the teams. It’s a great experience for team Belgium and other players too. We love to win but we also like to play nice against other players. It’s okey if we loose, he says.
Stijn Roelandts loves the environment.
– It’s very enjoyable and likable here. It was very fun and exciting to win GSOT. We had a lot of stress before the final. But then we won, all the stress disappeared. We also like to meet the other teams. We hope we will participate next year as well! he says.