The Gothia Boost Tour team enjoyed the Gothia Cup: "A super week"
Kungshamns/Smögens IF's G13 team got the chance to participate in the Gothia Cup thanks to the Gothia Boost Tour and learned a lot along the way.
Kungshamns/Smögens IF was one of the lucky teams to join the Gothia Cup for free after winning their participation during the Gothia Boost Tour. The G13 team enjoyed the experience very much.
– Despite the results, they became even more motivated, says coach Daniel Horst.
The players in Kungshamns/Smögens IF were very surprised when they learned that they would be allowed to play in the Gothia Cup this year.
– The girls were overwhelmed, and of course very surprised, when Gothia Boost Tour was there and told the news, says Daniel Horst.
They prepared as well as they could and gained many great memories from the Gothia Cup week in Gothenburg. They lost all the games but weren't too sad about it.
– It was a great week, there were good matches and it was educational, says the team's coach.
What experiences have the girls got to take with them?
– Getting to participate in the world's biggest and best youth tournament was a big deal, a memory for life guaranteed. The fact that we also got to sit down on the field and represent Sweden at the opening ceremony was an experience the girls will never forget.
What has been the most fun about participating in the Gothia Cup?
– I think the whole package - being able to be at such a big cup and being on the first floor at the opening ceremony - creates a strong memory.
In what ways do you think the team grows thanks to the participation in the tournament?
– The first thing several girls said after we left was: "Daniel, now we want to increase the number of trainings per week and have even harder trainings to get even better, because we want to go here again and get revenge". So despite the results, they became even more motivated. This cup has helped the team, we have got even more motivated girls, says Daniel Horst.