The Ukrainian girls in FC Legion love the Gothia Cup: “It’s very cool and amazing”
Yana and Polina play for FC Legion from Ukraine and they’re so happy to participate in the Gothia Cup 2022.
FC Legion is from the city Lutsk in western Ukraine. The G12 team is having so much fun during the week in Gothenburg.
– It’s very cool and amazing to play in the Gothia Cup, says the player Yana Ishchuk.
FC Legion from Lutsk is here with their G12 team. They have played seven games in the tournament and they have fun all the time. We meet the team after their match against the Swedish team Enskede IK Grön at Härlanda. They scored several goals and we’re so lucky to be able to play football against like-minded kids from a different country.
– The best things with the tournament are to play football and to meet a lot of new friends. We’re so glad to get the chance to play in the Gothia Cup, says Polina Korovina.
Her teammate Yana Ishchuk is very happy as well.
– We like to score goals and to win, it’s the best feeling. I think that our country is proud of us. Our parents are definitely proud, she says.
When Yana and Polina are asked if they want to come back and play in the Gothia Cup one more time, they answer in chorus.
– Yes! We want to come back to play in the Gothia Cup, that’s for sure! says the twelve-year-olds.
They haven’t been in Gothenburg before.
– We like Gothenburg and Sweden a lot. We like the sea, the buildings and the nice people in this city, says Polina Korovina.
They both like Lionel Messi and the Ukrainian player Andriy Yarmolenko.
– We absolutely like Andriy Yarmolenko, they both say.
They have one dream in football and it’s not a small one.
– We want to win the World Championship in the future! says the happy girls from Ukraine.